Javascript problem in 2 browsers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TopGreyed

I'm posting in this forum because it seems to be XP support for javascript that's the problem.

Both installed browsers, IE6 and Netscape, don't seem to process Javascript commands and give "Javascript error". This happens, as far as I can tell, on all web pages that contain javascript (I'm not sure that other script languages are working either ,though). I've checked that javascript is turned on in both browsers, of course.

I'm going to try a simple javascript command in a file when I next get the chance, in the meantime can anyone tell me how XP supports javascript? Are commands passed, as I suspect, via Wscript.exe in the Sys32 folder? What application executes them? Is there anything else to check?

Thanks, sorry to be so low on information, just point me in some initial direction please. TIA. :cool:

Can you give the exact error message(s)? Many folks confuse Java (which is no longer installed by default with XP) with javascript. They are not the same.

You can test "basic" funcionality for both at this site:

http://www.bodo.com/javame.htm

If you are really having "javascript" problems, and it is not due to malware or coding problems on sites or programs using it, then try reinstalling "wscript" which includes it:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...43-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&DisplayLang=en

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online