1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Javascript settings not sufficient?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by hyler, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hyler

hyler Thread Starter

In the lab I'm currently working in, I am currently troubleshooting a PC (if you would call it that, it's really a dummy-station made by tangent). Now, the PC next to it of the same specs displays the following Javascript code just fine. IE opens and it says "hello world wide web". However, the one I'm troubleshooting displays nothing. Any ideas where to start?

<html>
    <head>
    <title>Javascript Activity #1</tittle>
    </head>
    <body>

<script langauge = javascript>
    document.write("Hello World Wide Web!");
    </script>
    </body>
    </html>

2. Rockn

Rockn

What do you mean by dummy station? Like a dumb terminal or something similar? Java script is all client side scripting if I am not mistaken.

3. hyler

hyler Thread Starter

Haha, yeah. It's not just a dumb terminal. It's an actual box about the size of a mousepad that interfaces with a larger server. And to top it off, on the front it says "powered by Windows CE", the same OS used to power Dreamcast (which failed miserably). That shouldn't have anything to do with it though, because as I said, there is a dummy station of the same specs that displays it fine.

4. Rockn

Rockn

Is there any way you can check the Java VM running on each? Is there a firewall or other possible variable blocking the content.

5. hyler

hyler Thread Starter

I shall check to make sure virtual machine is on there, though I will need to write a minor hack to open up the C drive and view as the system admins have dissallowed permissions for people to view. But I've done it before, I can do it again. And the firewalls and any other variables are not the cause of anything since the only firewalls we have are located on the routers and the javascript that needs to be run is stored locally.

6. hyler

hyler Thread Starter

OK, here are the settings-

ActiveX:
    Prompt
    Disable
    Disable
    Enable
    Enable

Cookies:
    Enable
    Enable

Downloads:
    Enable
    Enable

MS VM:
    Medium
    Prompt
    Enable
    Enable
    Prompt
    Prompt
    Enable
    Medium
    Enable
    Enable

Scripting:
    Enable
    Enable
    Enable

User Auth:
    Auto Login w/Intranet

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168286

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice