Javascript settings not sufficient?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hyler

In the lab I'm currently working in, I am currently troubleshooting a PC (if you would call it that, it's really a dummy-station made by tangent). Now, the PC next to it of the same specs displays the following Javascript code just fine. IE opens and it says "hello world wide web". However, the one I'm troubleshooting displays nothing. Any ideas where to start?

<html>
<head>
<title>Javascript Activity #1</tittle>
</head>
<body>

<script langauge = javascript>
document.write("Hello World Wide Web!");
</script>
</body>
</html>

What do you mean by dummy station? Like a dumb terminal or something similar? Java script is all client side scripting if I am not mistaken.

hyler

Haha, yeah. It's not just a dumb terminal. It's an actual box about the size of a mousepad that interfaces with a larger server. And to top it off, on the front it says "powered by Windows CE", the same OS used to power Dreamcast (which failed miserably). That shouldn't have anything to do with it though, because as I said, there is a dummy station of the same specs that displays it fine.

Is there any way you can check the Java VM running on each? Is there a firewall or other possible variable blocking the content.

hyler

I shall check to make sure virtual machine is on there, though I will need to write a minor hack to open up the C drive and view as the system admins have dissallowed permissions for people to view. But I've done it before, I can do it again. And the firewalls and any other variables are not the cause of anything since the only firewalls we have are located on the routers and the javascript that needs to be run is stored locally.

hyler

OK, here are the settings-

ActiveX:
Prompt
Disable
Disable
Enable
Enable

Cookies:
Enable
Enable

Downloads:
Enable
Enable

MS VM:
Medium
Prompt
Enable
Enable
Prompt
Prompt
Enable
Medium
Enable
Enable

Scripting:
Enable
Enable
Enable

User Auth:
Auto Login w/Intranet

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online