Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

jCarousel: No width/height set for items. This will cause an infinite loop. Aborting

19K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Lance1 
#1 ·
hi i keep getting the error jCarousel: No width/height set for items. This will cause an infinite loop. Aborting how do i get rid of this i hit ok and it comes back thanks

#2 ·
I found something that mite help. The site that this came from had overlapping text so I copied the relevant text and I'll post it for you.

"jCarousel: No width/height set for items. This will cause an infinite loop. Aborting..."

On this website, I use jCarousel for the "Lifestream" scroller on the front page tabs block. I would always get this error message every time the front page loads, regardless of the browser I use. I have been searching for a solution for many months and have finally found one.

SOLUTION: Not sure if this is really a solution or workaround, but it does the job of stopping the nagging popup box once and for all (while permitting jCarousel functionality).

1. Open jquery.jcarousel.pack.js in the ../jcarousel/lib/ directory.

2. Seach for the word "alert" and you should find a snippet of code like this:
Aborting|loop|infinite|an|cause|will|This|items|set|No|jCarousel|alert|class|

3. Replace "alert" with "isNan":
Aborting|loop|infinite|an|cause|will|This|items|set|No|jCarousel|isNan|class|

4. Refresh the webpage that loads jCarousel and you should no longer get the infinite loop popup error!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.