1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

jeefo.win32 - small nasty thing!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Romit, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Romit

Romit Thread Starter

my pc got infected with this nasty thing.
    i found info about it on net to clean my pc.
    Though about sharing stuff i found so...

first of... it starts making its duplicate copies everywhere in your pc. ( i detected one copy inside a folder i created just a minute back!). Secondly, it searches for and infects .exe files. it adds some lines of code to .exe resulting in minor increase in .exe's size. But, fortunately nothing much is done. but yes, i did experience performance drop (that was obvious because i detected 300+ copies of this one throught my hard drive!)

now comes the real problem, since it sits in your exe either you have to delete your exe to remove it (a lot of exe(s) for that matter) or, find some other solution. My bug finder could clean it but, when it leaves, all the exe(S) were found corrupt. so, it's quite nasty!

early detection is the best solution.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537962

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice