1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Jerky HD Playback

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by malakabob, Jul 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malakabob

malakabob Thread Starter

Hey Guys

Hello to everyone this is my first post.
    I was wondering if someone could help me,i am having problems playing back all HD content 720 or 1080. Picture jerks a few times and sound becomes unsynced with the picture and i cant get it back to normal.

I have installed the latest k-lite pack and the latest media player i even tried the latest nvidia driver for vista.

I have a
    P4 3.2
    2 gig ram
    Nvidia 8600GT
    Vista

Hope someone can help me out.

2. reskin_res

reskin_res

Hi
    I don’t have so much idea regarding this subject. Just I suggest you to take steps accordingly.
    Digital Video Editing

3. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

P4 3.2 might be a little light to get the job done. I say might because I use old 939 AMDs and I don't know how the important parts of decoding and playback matchup in comparison but 1080 is too much for my +3200 and borderline in my +3500 and its just fine on my +4000 (but it pushes the CPU right to the limit, without going over). the 8600GT should not be having any problem at all handling the load but you might want to check and make sure you don't have any level of harware acceleration turn down or off. Also VLC Media Player will use fewer resources during playback than programs such as Power DVD, WinDVD or even the GOM player so try that if you haven't.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!