Jerky mouse and stuttering sound

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jon12345

Recently, I installed Civilisation 3 and Age of Empires 3 on the same day. One of these made me upgrade to Direct X 10 or something similar.

I think it was since this day that my sound plays in a stuttering way and the mouse is periodically jerky, so I guess they are connected.

What might this be? A hardware conflict? Or could the upgrade to Direct X 10 be the problem? Can I uninstall Direct X 10?

This is driving me nuts!

Thanks,

Jon

Jon12345

It stutters using all applications. e.g. iTunes, Windows Media Player and so on. The mouse doesn't always jerk but goes through stages. e.g. at the moment I can circle the mouse around several times and nothing happens. Then, later on I might do the same thing and it periodically stops for a fraction of a second. It never used to do this.

Go Start/Help and Support and put "direct x" in the search bar. Use the diagnostic tool to resolve any problems.

Jon12345

I have now done that but nothing! Could there be DMA conflicts or something like that? IRQ settings?

Jon12345

I have had a look in device manager and I can't see anything with a question mark next to it. I presume that is what I am supposed to be looking for?

Also, I cannot find any driver updates for my sound card. Been hunting for them but nothing. It affects my mouse too so is it going to be more than just a sound driver issue? Could there be some other type of hardware conflict or something?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online