1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

jerky screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by BubbeeM, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BubbeeM

BubbeeM Thread Starter

Hi. This is my first post. I hope someone can help. I recently had a major virus on my XP and had to reload windows and every other program. I am a novice at this but tried my best and seem to have arranged icons, pages, etc. pretty well. HOWEVER, I cannot scroll my screen smoothly. It is very jerky and i.e. it takes forever for my mouse to find the place to place an X in a square. I have tried the whole control panel...and googled the issue to no avail. All help gratefully appreciated. Thx BubbeeM

2. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

Hello and welcome to TSG.

If you go to Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager, you might see a yellow mark beside one or more of the entries and that signifies something hasn't yet found the right driver since you reinstalled. It may be graphics or mouse in your case. Right click on it and go to Properties then click on Update Driver. If you're connected to the Internet and have the right settings, the system should wander around your computer and the Net in search of a more appropriate driver. if it doesn't, please post back for some more detail as to how to track them down.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!