1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

jerky sound and video problems

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by jackiesr, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackiesr

jackiesr Thread Starter

Hello to all,
    I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop, running XP home edition, a few years old--use it to teach my classes (so I do not have $$ to buy a new one). Lately the sound (use lots of it in Powerpoint) is jerky, and words are lost. Same for video---both the sound and the jerkiness of the video (I have tried .mov, .avi, and others---all the same). I absolutely need this computer for teaching, and really need the sound problem fixed.

I tried just playing a sound file not being in Powerpoint and it is the same problem. I am right now defragging and cleaning up the hard drive of old files (but I did that recently). No software has been added in the last 4 mos. (this is a more recent problem). I run Norton Security and antivirus and keep up with malware and viruses. I have 10GB used space, and 26GB free space. RAM is 500MB. Celeron CPU 2.8GHz.

HELP!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539183

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice