jim pritchard

jimpritchard

maybe you can help me...
when we moved to FL in 1970 we lived in Cape Coral, FL a little town W of FT Myers on the W coast of FL.

in 1977 my wife became ill & we rushed her to Lee County Hospital on the main street of Ft Myers. She was in there 6 days and passed away, that was on 3 July, 1977. My daughter came from AZ where she lives w/her husband; he drove later; my son who had just graduated from UF was also there. We were so devasted by the happenings i cannot remember what went on or where (if i got one) I put the death certificate. I really need it.

Is there any way I can get a copy of that death certificate.

thank you

jep

Jep Welcome to TSG! It is not wise to post adresses and phone nimbers on the internet. I will put another post to have someone Private Message you if they have ideas for you.

The Registrar of Deeds in the county would be the first place to start. If they don't have it they should be able to tell you who does.

Wouldn`t the hospital or town clerk in that city have a copy?I would certainly think they would.

Florida Vital Records Information
http://www.vitalrec.com/fl.html

This page contains information about where to obtain copies of Florida vital records, such as birth & death certificates, marriage licenses & divorce decrees. See the guidelines for general information on how to order vital records. Check the related links for additional information on Florida

also pm'd to jim - make that email, pm not active or too new to have it?
whatever ;)

edit: LOL also posted for public consumption, however gladly step on mods toes if and when possible
j/k davey, no bans please ;)

jimpritchard..........By law all states are required to maintain records of births and deaths. For that reason all states have a department usually with the name "vital statistics" or a variation thereof. For Florida please go HERE. It appears that you may be able to order it online.

Davey......Sorry but I felt this information may be useful to others and therefore felt I should post it here rather then a private PM. If I overstepped my bounds , again, sorry.

GB
Not a problem. What I was referring to is personal information specific to Jim. Any leads anyone can give is more than acceptable.

Dave

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
I believe the mortuary 'usually' gives you two or three, so if you have any paperwork from them, you might look there.

[tsg=welcome] Welcome Jim [/tsg]

Usually the mortuary will retain copies of the death certificate, and will be glad to provide them for you...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online