1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Jimgo

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by jim36320, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jim36320

jim36320 Thread Starter

Java Problem.
    Every time I try to use a program that uses Java, I get a message that says Java not installed or not enabled. I have down loaded the latest Java software, validated the install, gone to IE,Tools, Advanced tab, enabled it and made it the default for this browser and it still doesn't work, but I did notice that when I go to IE, Tools, ,and get the drop down, and click on the line that says Sun Java Console, it says Sun Java have has not been selected as the default for the current browser. Would greatly appreciate any help you can give me on this.
    Thanks in advance.
    Jim G.

2. Augie65

Augie65

Open the Control Panel> click on Java icon. If it is not there, you might have to click Other Control Panel Options in the left panel. Click on Advanced tab, and click on the + in front of <APPLET> tag support and make sure that Internet Explorer is checked.

3. jim36320

jim36320 Thread Starter

Augie, thank you for your response, I looked at every thing per you suggestion, and every thing was checked, any more suggestions?
    Thank you.
    Jim G.

4. bonk

bonk Banned

Did you check in Control Panel >>Add/Remove Programs and deleted any other instances of Java

5. jim36320

jim36320 Thread Starter

6. bonk

bonk Banned

Try here

With IE open click Tools>>Internet Option>>Programs>> at the bottom Manage-Add-ons

in the drop down menu choose objects current being used

If you see Sun Java click on it and Enable it.

7. blkwlnt64

blkwlnt64

Go to the same area Augie sent but instead click on 'Debugging'. Put a checkmark in all options and then exit. You will probably have to reboot for it to have full effect. Then start up a program that uses Java and see if you messages on the Java console.

8. jim36320

jim36320 Thread Starter

Bonk, thank you for your response. Went to manage-add-ons and Java was listed 3 times under objects currently being used and Java was listed as follows.
    1. Java plug-in 1.6.0. ssv.dll
    2. Java plug-in 1.6.0. ssv.dll
    3. Java plug-in 1.6.0. npjpi.160.dll

Enabled all three, but this didn't correct problem.

Do you have any more suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Jim G,

9. jim36320

jim36320 Thread Starter

blkwlnt64, thanks for your response, tried your suggestion, no luck still have problem.
    Thanks.
    Jim

10. Augie65

Augie65

Check this settings in IE, Tools> Internet Options> Security tab> Custom Level button> scroll down to Scripting of Java applets (next to the bottom) and make sure that it is ticked:
    Enable.

11. jim36320

jim36320 Thread Starter

It was already enabled.

12. Augie65

Augie65

Are you using IE6 or IE7?
    What version of windows OS

13. jim36320

jim36320 Thread Starter

IE6 AND XP Home, could Active x controls by chance have any thing to do with this problem?

14. Augie65

Augie65

You can check to make sure that Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins is set to Enable.
    Internet Options> Security tab> Custom Level button.

15. jim36320

jim36320 Thread Starter

They are enabled. Java has worked for me earlier, I don't know what could have happened that would cause it to fail now.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544354

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice