1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

JIT Debugger

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by NowWhat, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NowWhat

NowWhat Thread Starter

I do not know what is causing this but i keep getting an error when i try to download most programs.
    I did have issues with a kodak printer a few days ago, when the Kodak phone tech had me uninstall my printer software and re-install it. When i tried to re-install the error started. He tried to take over my computer to fix the issue and couldn't access it. That the first time i remember noticing the error.
    He eventually blamed the not connecting issue on my computer. The printer issue was not even software related, as i tried to tell him before he had me remove the software.
    Anyhow. . . I tried to download microsoft's fix it program, this popped up. . .

"Jit A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you I f a solution is available."
    Debug or Close program.
    I try DEBUG: no registered JIT debugger was specified.
    Click on retry to have the process wait while attaching a debugger manually. Click on cancel to abort the jit debug request. Retry or Cancel
    Retry: Explorer stops working and everything disappears and goes back to desktop.

So I try to re-download the program and I get the error that it is already installing or running. Wait till it finishes. However nothing is on my screen or shows running in the processes.
    This keeps happening for multiple items I try to download.

Everything is running extremely slow. :eek:

I read a few forums on the issue, even installed .net framework as suggested. . . That did not work, but at-least it installed.

I tried a system repair (i believe that's what it was - did not lose any files or anything ) but i do not have a factory disk, just what's on the hard drive.

Help Please.
    Thank you for your knowledge and time.

2. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

You can try disabling JIT debugger.
    Disable Just-In-Time debugging

1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
    2. In the Options dialog box, select the Debugging folder.
    3. In the Debugging folder, select the Just-In-Time page.
    4. In the Enable Just-In-Time debugging of these types of code box, select or clear the relevant program types: Managed, Native, or Script.
      To disable Just-In-Time debugging, once it has been enabled, you must be running with Administrator privileges. Enabling Just-In-Time debugging sets a registry key, and Administrator privileges are required to change that key.
    5. Click OK.

Please review link
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/k8kf6y2a(v=VS.80).aspx

3. NowWhat

NowWhat Thread Starter

I would if i could actually find JIT debugger on my machine. I have hidden files and folders view enabled, still no luck, no visual studio to be found. Could not find it on the net as something to download.

Value on the olne reading Auto was at 0 on this reg item ( i changed it to 1) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug\Debugger
    There are two others, one reads Default and the data reads value not set
    another one reads: userDebuggerHot key that data is 0x00000000 (0)

Thanks again for your time.

Now this keeps showing up. . BrowserHelperInstaller has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. Debug or Close program.
    debug brings up BrowserHelperInstaller.exe - no debugger found. Click on retry to have the process wait while attaching a debugger manually.

Something else showed up about a bootstrapper error but the window disappeared before i copied it.

4. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

You shouldn't have disabled it in the registry. Undo your actions reboot. Try searching again for JIT. This is a Visual studio error.
    You sure you didn't see this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Script\Settings\JITDebug

You can disable it this way:
    Open Start>Control Panels>Internet Options: Advanced and activate (check box)

-Disable Script Debugging (Internet Explorer)
    -Disable Script Debuggung (Other)

And try this
    Click Start Run a cmd > Type exactly this: drwtsn32 -i and press enter..

5. VictoriaiiCe

VictoriaiiCe

If that doesn't work we can fix it with IIS manager

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024615

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice