1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Jobs get stuck in queue on shared printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NCJason, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NCJason

NCJason Thread Starter

I have 2 identical emachines desktop computers running Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1 with all the updates connected to the network with wireless cards. Computer #2 has a HP LaserJet 2600n printer attached and shared. I can see the printer on Computer #1 and get it to install. I can print from Computer #2 with no problem. If I try print from Computer #1 the job just sits in the print queue with the status of “Printing” but the job is never actually printed. Additional jobs from either computer are forced to sit in the queue behind the “stuck” print job. If I restart Computer #2 or restart the print spooler on it, all of the jobs that are in queue at that time print. If I try to print from Computer #1 after the queued jobs have been printed the new job will get “stuck” again. I can see all of the print jobs in the queue on both computers and I never get any errors.​

I have tried changing the setting for which computer does the spooling and if it should print after the last page is spooled or start printing immediately and it has not had any noticeable effect. I have had the printer connected and shared on both computers and had he same results.

I welcome any suggestions that my resolve the issue.

Jason

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755540

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice