1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Jobs

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by io_robert, Sep 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. io_robert

io_robert Thread Starter

It would be interesting to know what everyone's jobs are. I assume most people in this forum work in the IT industry.

My current status:

Doing last semester at university:
    Bachelor of IT:
    Major - Information Systems
    Minors - Management & Marketing

Current Employment
    * Store Tech/Network Admin. For an Internet Cafe

* Store Tech: Large Computer frachise - Harvey Norman

Australia

2. lola2001

lola2001

I'm a web designer. Both part time from home and full time for a local company. I should have went into something else as there are way too many designers around here.

3. lora_3677

lora_3677

web applications programmer..... currently working for state government

i do some web design on the side too, however I was taught in school the old way, so crashing myself into CSS to be compliant... never stop learning.. lol.

4. dai

dai

i work in a deli.
    computers and satellite are my hobbies

5. Mithrilhall

Mithrilhall

Currently going to college for Computer Information Systems (should be graduating this summer).

Currently doing work in the following areas:

Web Design
    Web Applications

Using:
    ASP
    HTML
    CSS
    Javascript

At home:

I do side work, which involves but is not limited to:

Software support
    Hardware support
    Training
    Networking
    and just about everything else

For fun (tech related):

Screwing around with Linux
    Creating a personal website using PHP & MySQL (both new to me)

6. shane25

shane25

high school senior

work at a local grocery store, on the side i do web sites for the school.... milking those suckers for all they're worth LOL!!!

7. io_robert

io_robert Thread Starter

It's good see everyone has a wide range of backgrounds. Looks like alot of people are really into webpage designing. I'm thinking of starting a couple of projects at the end of the year. A friend of mine is a graphics designer and I was thinking of starting up a business over the net promoting his skills i.e. creating logos, business cards etc. I'm only in it develop the webpage and to maintain a database on it for clients. It's only going to start off as a hobby - nothing serious. But its an opportunity to reinforce my learning at university. I'm also going to look into starting my own internet cafe - its very easy to run and manage. The final idea is looking into building databases for small companies in the area. Probably using Oracle and Jade. Once again just to reinforce my learning.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165628

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice