1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

john naranjo

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by john naranjo, Dec 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. john naranjo

john naranjo Thread Starter

I have installed a linksys wireless router between my computer and my wife's computer. Mine is the master, and my wife's is the slave. I followed all the instructions. Everything is working fine, except that when my ethernet port is activated, my computer slows way down. I have added 1 GHZ of Ram, but that helps only when the network port is de-activated. I have talked to the linksys people, and they can't help me. I have also discovered that by de-activating my wife's computer mcaffee firewall, my computer speed is normal. Do you have any ideas? John N

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Master? Slave? If you have a router, the computers are peers, and should be configured identically as a rule. It sounds like you're trying to use ICS, which clearly has no place in the network if you have a router.

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. You may want to think of a different title for the thread as well.

Your user name, and/or name, gives no one any indication as to what your problem may be.

4. Rockn

Rockn

Are you running ICS?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/429508

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice