1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

John Price

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Djprice, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Djprice

Djprice Thread Starter

On the 30-08-06 I sent an email to a friend of ours which took some 20 minutes to send and download, which is O.K. as we are both on a site with unlimited download, however, even though I have long since saved the item and deleted it from my computer email (Thunderbird)
    my friend is being driven crazy with constant downloads of this particular item, so far 7 in total! Her computer tells her that she has 13 emails waiting that she can't down load!
    Please help!!:rolleyes:

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

If the email (presumably with an attachment) was that large, it could be "stuck" in the ISP mailbox. This can happen if large attachments get corrupted.

Most ISP's have webmail interfaces to the email account holder mailbox, logging in via their web page allows the account holder to directly access the mail, from where the offending email that is clogging the system (and therefore repeating) can be deleted, letting the others through.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/498789

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice