1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

John

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ncjohn999, Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ncjohn999

ncjohn999 Thread Starter

Current sys is windows xp home w/sp2. Problem is in control panel. When first got pc, ctl panel was displayed in categroies & I changd to list of individual icons. Now I would like to chng back to see it in categories but can't seem to figure this out. sys help gives info that doesn't accomplish anything (i.e. changing theme only seems to change colors or layout, not content). Thanks for help.

2. Mosquito555

Mosquito555

Hmmm, it's quite simple...On the left side of the control panel window should be an option to switch to category view...It can't be missed!

Do you by any chance use the windows classic theme and not the XP theme? That's maybe the reason that you can't get the option. So switch to the XP theme, navigate to the control panel, do the changes and then switch back to the classic theme if you like!

3. Mr. Newton

Mr. Newton

First Name:
    Terry
    Exactly.

4. Mosquito555

Mosquito555

Isn't your control panel looking like on the attached screenshot? Can you provide us with a screenshot so we can figure things out?

Please if you want to contact me don't add visitor messages, send me a private message by selecting my profile and then selecting send private message instead. Thank you! :)

Attached Files:

• test.JPG
      test.JPG
      File size:
      100.8 KB
      Views:
  5. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

Not if you are in Windows Classic mode.

From Control Panel, go to Tools < General Tab and Select "Show Common Tasks in Folders".
    Then, Category View will appear as an Option.

6. Mosquito555

Mosquito555

Well I already asked John about this but he stated that he is using the luna theme...;)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/776384

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice