John450

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

John450

I run XP Home, and recently "lost" Calculator, Paint & Wordpad. After using the Initial XP Installation Disk, I had the first two Programmes back, but have had no success with Wordpad. They say what you have never had, you will never miss, but I miss Wordpad. Help.

Hmmm... it's odd that they just dissapeared, but assuming you are running an authentic version of XP, it is supposed to come with Microsoft Word, and I don't know anyone that would use Notepad over Microsoft word, but I'm not one to judge so follow this link:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/systemrestore.mspx

Also, afterwords, you may want to download an Anti-Virus program. I'd suggest downloading the Norton Trial Version http://www.norton.com/ and run for viruses. You'll need to register for the trial version.

Post back to fill us in if this helped or not (y)

Windows XP does not include Microsoft Word. Word in included in Microsoft Office or Works.

On my installation of XP Home, Wordpad is in Start . . Programs . . Accessories.

wrs

hmm... it came with mine, however, my XP came preinstalled on my computer (when it first came out in 02), so that could be true about it not being installed naturally on XP's.

John450

Thank you all, but no help so far. Please keep it coming, and thank you again.
Yours...John450.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.