johnwill/terrynet 'splain this to me please

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bearone2

Banned
my son upgraded to a new dell xp notebook/1520 and gave me the older dell 8500/2.5.

it has o/b wireles b/g wlan 1300.

in the same room as the linksys 54g router/"g" only, it connects about 1100 kbps but yesterday, out in the living room, way away from the router, it downloaded from the same test site/pitstop at 4500+ kbps.

probably just magic, right?:confused:

TerryNet

Terry
Maybe magic; but are you sure that connection is not 11Mbps = 11,000kbps? :)

TerryNet

Terry
I was questioning "in the same room as the linksys 54g router/"g" only, it connects about 1100 kbps."

Was that 1100 from pcpitstop or the nominal wireless connection? If that was from pcpitstop then I don't know why. Your ISP may have been experiencing problems, or you may have had some wireless interference that was gone later.

bearone2

Banned
that's why it was goofy, all were from pitstop, in the room with the router and faster at the other end of the ranch style house.

thanks. it must be magic.

TerryNet

Terry
OK, I initially misunderstood. That is goofy or magic. Or maybe just a one time thing.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online