Join two private network

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

horladoqun

Hi there,

I have a hybrid LAN and a 4G wimax CPE and Dlink AP

The WIMAX gives us internet access and does transmit wireless signals, while the AP connects to the wimax. A switch is connected to the AP such that desktop computer can have internet access too.

The wimax has 192.168.1.xx while the AP has 192.168.0.xx same subnet. I give our guests and visitors internet access via the wimax (I do not want guest to join our network) and the office uses the D-link to connect to the internet.

Now my boss has a laptop which he connects directly to the wimax (his preferred), but we have a server with an application which everyone in the office hooks up to every now and then. The server has a static IP and I want a situation whereby my boss (on wimax IP:192.168.1.xx ) can access the server (on the switch which connects to the D-link IP: 192.168.0.xx) and work without any challenge.

How do I merge the two networks together?

Thanks in anticipation.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online