1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Join Windows 7 to NT 4.0 Domain

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by karl1971, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. karl1971

karl1971 Thread Starter

I am taking Networking at my local technical school, and my instructor has issued me a challenge. (not a test or anything.) He said that last semester, a student joined a WIN7 machine to a WIN NT 4.0 domain. So..I have researched it.....I discovered one post that discussed how it was possible on the win 7 beta version. However i do not have that version. Does anybody out there have any idea how one might do this? Can I use Samba? Are there any registry tricks I can try.. from what i can tell there are Trust issues between the two operating systems that are the real problem. Anybody?
    Best Regards,
    K.R.

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

3. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Another thread, does not actually join the domain, but can map folders and printers on the NT server

http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Microsoft_Operating_Systems/Windows/NT/Q_25142269.html

4. Pookie

Pookie

This what we do to make them join samba domains correctly, don't know if it will help you or not.
    Start-run-regedit
    My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_SYSTEM\current control set\services\net logon\parameters
    Change “signsecurechannel” and “requiresignorseal” from value of 1 to 0

Take this with a grain of salt, messing w/ the registry can cause your pc to not boot.

5. antech

antech Banned

Sorry to step in,
    but what's Samba?

6. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920800

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice