1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Joomla - Super admin problems

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by jayphillips1, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayphillips1

jayphillips1 Thread Starter

I was wondering if anyone out there could help with my problem:
    I've recently installed Joomla, things look okay except for this...
    when i log into as super administrator I cannot gain access to
    areas such as user manager. If anyone can help with this it
    would be greatly appreciated.

2. Scott786

Scott786

I was using Joomla for a school project a month or two ago and had some problems with it.

To trouble shoot have a look down here and see if there are any of the same scenarios

[LIST = 1]
    [*]Site stored on a network drive that is mapped from different computers
    [*]Site is "local"
    [*]Using Xampp or windows equivalent
    [*]Moving the site around a lot.
    [*]Check that the Super Admin isn't logged in at the front end of the site.
    [/LIST]

I had a couple of problems with these and so did my teacher when he tried to mark it.

Scenarios 1,2 and 3 were solved generally by restarting my computer and logging back in. Joomla seems to do something funny when I used it for the first time. Try also restarting Xampp if you have it. If this doesn't work try a combo of the two.

Scenarios 4. If you are moving the site from one location to another it will generally blow up. Not much to do but not move it.

Scenarios 5. Log out from the front end. The problem is probably a safety precaution against changing your own rights while still logged on.

HTH

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756798

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice