1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

JPEG conversion

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by James41, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. James41

James41 Thread Starter

When I insert a JPEG into a word document I sometimes want to manipulate it. I have to select -Format - picture -layout- In front of Text-OK
    This is then more usable for sizing and positioning. What I would like to know is the format the picture is then in? Is it a word metafile (WMF) ?
    Whatever the format I would like to find a batch conversion program to speed up the process when I have a lot of insertions to do. Any advice welcome.

James

2. paulus016

paulus016

as far as i know this will still be on as a JPEG, the formatting you are talking about is how Word will display it. This is simply telling word how you want it shown in regard to any written work.

3. James41

James41 Thread Starter

Thanks for that. In that case I need a batch process to format each insertion still. I find that a macro will not accept any mouse selection clicks.

James

4. OBP

OBP

James, I have VBA code that automatically inserts and sizes .jpeg photo/images in to Excel, you may be able to adapt it for Word.

5. bomb #21

bomb #21

A few points:

1. Which version are you using?

2. Is "In front of" the same as "Float Over"?

3. Is your question actually "is it possible to change the default wrapping property of inserted graphics?"?

If the answer to #3 specifically is "Yes", try this article (method 2):

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/209944/en-us

EDIT: if that isn't applicable, one thing you can at least do is display the Picture toolbar. Then when you select an inserted pic, setting the wrapping is much easier than the whole "Format - picture -layout- In front of Text- OK" rigmarole.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590632

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice