1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

JPEG File in Works Document

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Lois Stailing, Mar 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lois Stailing

Lois Stailing Thread Starter

I have a picture taken with a digital camera that is in jpeg format in a file under Microsoft Works. I want to create a document in Works and insert this picture. I have done all that, but instead of a picture in my document, I have a jpeg image. How do I convert the jpeg to a real picture in my document?

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    I assume that what you see is a JPG icon and not the picture itself? What happens when you do a print preview or when you print it? Do you get the icon?

How are you inserting it: What steps are you taking exactly? I'm not VERY familiar with how Works works when inserting objects. What version of Works do you have?

3. Lois Stailing

Lois Stailing Thread Starter

Yes, when I print, the jpeg icon shows. I don't know what version of Works I have; it came with the Windows 98 computer. I created the document in Works, then clicked on the space where I wanted the picture. I had selected the picture I wanted and then just said insert (I think) and the image appeared in my document. I'm not very good with all these things; it doesn't come naturally to me like it does to someone under 25!

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    I opened my Works program and went to Help-About Works and it says I've got version 5.

I inserted a JPG into a document and had no problem. This could be an issue of how big the JPG file is and how much RAM you've got on your PC too. What happens if you just double-click the JPG filename from Windows Explorer? Can you open it? Can you then copy it and paste it into a Works document?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/40007

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice