JPEG files changed to an icon....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Herringbone

As of three days ago, my JPEG file images have been changed to a generic Windows icon, displaying two pine trees in a small landscape.

This is true of the JPEG files in my Windows 7 Pictures section. When you click on the image, it does display the original JPEG image.

But the JPEG photos in my Picasa collection display normally.

A puzzlement!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 16353 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, -1 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 255 GB (73 GB Free); D: 0 GB (0 GB Free); E: 48 GB (43 GB Free); F: 1784 GB (1226 GB Free); H: 289 GB (207 GB Free); I: 1863 GB (1862 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASRock, 970A-G/3.1
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Enabled and Updated

plodr

Liz
Yes, in Windows 7 if you did the workaround, under Advanced Settings it says
Always show icons, never show thumbnails.
So you get an icon and not a thumbnail.

Herringbone

I'll wait until there's some kind of All Clear (?) concerning that threat, before I
change that setting back.

But good to know that workaround was the probable cause!

Thanks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online