1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

JPEG to DST

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by AznxTRAN, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AznxTRAN

AznxTRAN Thread Starter

Hey guys!

I'm super new here but I'm looking around and a lot of people are getting their jpeg to dst problems resolved! :rolleyes:
    I'm looking for someone to help me convert a jpeg image to a dst so I can embroid it on a hat! I'm working as a lifeguard outside all summer and this would really help out :)

I've been looking for programs and tutorials but I can't seem to do any digitalizing by myself :mad:

So if anyone can help out I would greatly appreciate it!

Here's the logo for the City of Ottawa (place im working for) if anyone could help out please? :)

city_of_ottawa_logo.jpg

Thanks a whole lot!

-AznxTRAN

2. Megabite

Megabite

3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Something like this ????

Attached Files:

4. Oyta2

Oyta2

Hello im new to the forums here, but i since my request was also a conversion of a jpeg to a dst i thought i would post here. I would like this image please if its not to much to ask.

Attached Files:

5. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

How's this look ????

Attached Files:

6. Oyta2

Oyta2

Thank you noyb, it looks amazing!

7. thereverend2

thereverend2

Can someone please help me convert my company logo to DST.. Trying desperately to get it put on a hat but... The hat place wants too much money to do it.. GREEDY.. If you can do this for me i would be forever greatfull.. I have attached the logo in hopes that someone out there can do it for me.

Attached Files:

8. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

There are 6 or 7 shades of red ... (Different thread colors) ... I didn't count the others.
    That's too many for me to work with ... I'd prefer one per color area.
    One problem will be that the size of each color will be too small to embroidery.

Attached Files:

9. thereverend2

thereverend2

Can you do it without different shades of colors? just make the colors 1 shade?

10. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Not with that picture .. I need a picture the way it's supposed to look embroidered.
    It will need to be completely redrawn

11. thereverend2

thereverend2

Can you use this version of the drawing?

Attached Files:

12. thereverend2

thereverend2

Its going on a BLACK hat just incase you needed to fill in the whites of the eyes etc

13. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

My software needs to see distinct edges .. yours are fuzzy, probably due to the jpg compression where you came from.
    I can only digitize within edge boundaries .... also need to work on the other color areas

Attached Files:

14. thereverend2

thereverend2

Is there anything you can do. I am willing to pay for the help if it comes out looking good.. let me know what you would charge to clean up the 1st or 2nd img i sent you. Thanks in advance..

15. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

You'd probably do better if you found someone to put the "Picture" on the hat and stay away from embroidery

Attached Files:

• 961.gif
      961.gif
      File size:
      180.4 KB
      Views:
  16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1057220