1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Jpeg to PSD and EPS editable. help please

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by bebble241, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bebble241

bebble241 Thread Starter

Hi I have a jpeg image of a logo that needs to be changed to a psd and eps editable version. I tried normal conversion software online the image file types where converted but where not vector based. If someone could please help me to change the file format to PSD and EPS and it be vector based so the logo can be enlarged without becoming pix-elated that would help me ever so greatly

Thank you in advance

Attached Files:

2. wowzer

wowzer

Don't think it can be coverted with the drop shadow / blur effect. The image would need to be redone in PS illustrator or a similiar vector program.

3. bebble241

bebble241 Thread Starter

do you mean the shading in the white part of the image or the logo itself will have to be done over in PS illustrator?

4. wowzer

wowzer

the logo itself. the Y, tt and the d

PS: I see no white in the image posted. The letters show on a light grey background with a slight gradient effect.

5. bebble241

bebble241 Thread Starter

oh ok. that's disappointing.

6. wowzer

wowzer

7. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

It can be enlarged without pixelation ...
    But it'll have to be redrawn to enlarge it at a higher resolution.

It'll have to be recreated in a vector format (dimensionless) so it can be enlarged without loosing resolution.
    Would something like this help ??? ... What size do you want it ???

Attached Files:

8. wowzer

wowzer

Hi Noyb

Nice rendition, but the original has more of a drop shadow effect. Maybe the OP will be thrilled.

From what I have read that type of effect can be done in vector but wether it would remain scaleable I don't know.

I don't have Illustrator but have played with Inkscape just a bit but don't feel confident with it yet.

just interested in anymore thoughts you have..

9. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

I don't know how to do it in Vector .. Darnit.
    That was just a quickie in Photoshop using layer effects .. Could have used a drop shadow instead .. (That was just a flip of the coin)

As you said earlier, It will have to be recreated.
    The alternative to creating it in a dimensionless vector format so it can be enlarged .....
    Is to create it in a raster format at a resolution (pixel count) larger than needed .. Then it can always be downsized or edited.
    I don't think converting raster (psd) to vector (eps) is an answer.

Attached Files:

10. wowzer

wowzer

Neither do I yet...

Agreed on both counts.

thanks for getting back.. :)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1063146