1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Jpeg Vs Mpeg For Dvd

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by hjaculak, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hjaculak

hjaculak Thread Starter

Upon downloading movies, they convert via codec to MPEG. My DVD player does not accept the MPEG format. My DVD player only plays DVD video discs, Video CDs, CDs with mp3files, WMA files andéor JPEG files on them as well as audio CDs.

Is it possible to convert the MPEG to JPEG or WMA format and how is it done.

I'm hoping that someone on your tech support can resolve this problem. I am not a techy and if possible, could you put the answer back in "laymans terms".

Thanks,

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    MPEG is video, JPEG is Photo, WMA is audio.

If you want to burn the movies to play on a DVD player you must use your CD/DVD program to burn the discs as a SVCD or DVD video.

This will depend on what software you are using to burn the discs.

3. ctuna

ctuna

I think Nero Visionexpress will do what you need. It allows you to copy as a mpg and then convert to DVD type that works in all players.

4. hjaculak

hjaculak Thread Starter

Thanks for the information. I will try the Nero Visionexpress.

5. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

What brand and model DVD player is it? There may be a hack available for it that will allow it to play mpegs without conversion..

I hacked the three dvd players I own so that I don't have to spend time converting mpegs to dvd format, saves alot of time and frustration. You can also find hacked dvd players on ebay. :) I may sell one or two of mine, the hacked ones go for quite a bit more than the unhacked retail models.. :)

6. hjaculak

hjaculak Thread Starter

Thanks for the information. I have an RCA DRC313N DVD player. It's one year old. As I'm not too technologically inclined, I'm a little lost when you say there may be a hack available for the DVD player. It's been very frustrating trying to find a codec or information which I can understand to try and compress or convert the mpeg to DVD format. I'm beginning to loose patience, but I still venture forward. Any suggestions are good ones, although I don't think I would like to purchase a new DVD player, hacked or not. I was hoping that there would be a very easy solution to my problem, especially for a beginner like myself.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327412

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice