Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

JPEGs unsupported spontaneously and randomly

962 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Noyb 
#1 ·
Hi there!!!

I do product photography and have taught myself up to where I am now as Content Editor for our company. I take photo's and edit them, put them on the website that I maintain and groom. - Thus not fluent in IT jargon, though everything is "googleable"!!

So... Last week I took some photos, to find that some of them won't open. Earlier that day all photos of the previous "session" were fine, plus I have not changed any settings on the camera or computer.

I retook the photos, but then none were them working, and after then all photos were unsupported.

They are in JPEG format, as all the previous ones, but the file info seems to be missing. No program we have wanted to open them, I tried Picasa and Photoshop as well.

Where does the fault lie?

I've read up for hours online, but no one seems to understand the problem/ have a solution.

System information is attached, please do let me know if I can supply more info in any way.

Thanx in advance!!!

Chanel

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I would suspect that the media has gone bad or has been corrupted.
Do you follow the correct procedure for removing the media from each device?
I would insert it in the PC and run a partition tool on it - not that you want to partition it but the tools rend to be better than the Windows built in ones.
Then format it as FAT32 (with the default 4k clusters) which is what I suspect it was originally.

If it is the internal memory of the camera, use the tools menu in the camera to format it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.