1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Jpegs

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by kindler_31, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kindler_31

kindler_31 Thread Starter

Uses Windows ME

In my folders when I click on jpegs, I used to have a tumbnail appear on the side bar of what the pic looks like. Accidently I changed what program .jpeg's open with and ever since the thumbnail does not appear. .BMP's appear on the side like they should. I've tried going through all picture programs in the "Open with" window but none of them seem to do what I want them to do. Any ideas on how to get the thumbnail back?

2. fpmm25

fpmm25

There is probably another simple option. However you could try to do a system restore on your computer from a date previous to when you did this.

3. Davey7549

Davey7549

kindler_31
    Welcome to TSG!
    Checked all my WinME machines and found them capable of single click to minimize and single click to maximize items in task bar. Also researched the news groups for leads and can only suggest to try an IE repair to see if it fixes the problem. If you are using IE 5.5 SP2 or IE6 you should be able to repair.
    Go to Start\Settings\Control panel\Add-remove programs and scroll to Microsoft Internet Explorer IEX.X and tools. Highlight and select remove. A window will pop-up from there select repair. After repair the system will restart so make sure all other programs are closed before doing.

That is the only item I can think of trying. Maybe others will have an idea.

Dave

4. kindler_31

Thanx but I tried the I.E 6 repair to no avail. The same problem stays. So now I have 2 problems. Anybody else have any idea's about my minimizing or about the jpegs?

5. kindler_31

Well,
    Now I only have one problem. I was fooling around with my folder settings and it had under "active desktop" instead of having "enable web content on desktop", "use classic windows" was selected. Now I can view the thumbnails of .jpegs :D Thanx for the attempted help :D... My problem about minimizing still persists tho :(

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113130

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice