1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

JPG file reports incorrect size

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by baulmer, Oct 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. baulmer

baulmer Thread Starter

JPG picture file size is reading incorrectly....each picture is reading 5.31GB. I am not sure but I think that was the containing folder size. The containing folder reads 4.41 TB. My hard drive is only 255GB. I am running Windows 7 completely updated. The drive containing the folder is only 10GB. Of course, the file will not open. Error says...does not support the format. Checked extension and it is JPG.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    What is the source of the file? The extension doesn't always indicate the actual file type. You can take a DVD image (for example: Windows7.iso) and change the description (ie: Windows7.jpg). That does not make the file a "jpg", and most image programs will not be able to open the file and give you an error (ie: unsupported format).

Most likely, the file was incorrectly named. Otherwise, the file is likely corrupted.

3. baulmer

baulmer Thread Starter

The files were picture files. The folder had 5.31 GBs of pictures. Now properties on every picture reads 5.31 GB.

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1158835

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice