1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

.jpg images not opening correctly

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by snoozee, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. snoozee

snoozee It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

Hi

For some reason when i double click on my .jpg images they are opening in "MS Paint". how do i program the computer so that they open in another application e.g. Nero Photoshop viewer.

If i right click the mouse and open they open correctly in the Nero Photoshop viewer.

Help please ....

2. techy689

techy689

Right click on the picture

select open with

select the program you want it to open with, in your case Nero Photoshop (never heard of this software... please fill me in.)

3. snoozee

snoozee It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

It's part of the "Nero" software package.

i don't have the "open with" option it just opens in this format when i right click.

The files opeining in paint has only just recently happened and i don't know how to fix it so that i don't have to right click to open the files

4. hewee

hewee

Highlight the image icon and then hold down the SHIFT key and right click the image icon and then your see the Open-with.

5. dr911

dr911

I am having the same problem. I did as "hewee" suggested , but got this message

C:\Mypictures\001.jpg is not a valid Win32 application

I had a photo program in which I got rid of and want to open all my pictures in Microsoft Photo Editor. I'm running 98SE.

6. Digidave

Digidave

I don't know about win98 but in XP click on Tools>Folder Options>File Types. It may take a little while for all your file types to come up in the list. Scroll down til you find .jpg or .jpeg. Click on the one that describes your file type. At the bottom, you'll see, "Opens with". Click on "Change". Then you can find the application you would like to use to open the files of that type. This will effect ALL files of that type.

7. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
  8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539497

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice