jpg problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

thedome

Hi-I recently noticed a problem, running 98, seems like my pc is saving EVERY jpg from any website, clogging my hard drive, how can I stop this?? Trying to manually delete a zillion of them, if I pick select all my pc freezes, would like to be able to prevent my system from saving them. Never had this problem before--Thanks!!

I'm not sure if there is a way to disable IE from saving jpegs to temporary internet files. Try going settings in IE and delete temporary internet files. It may look like it is froozen, but that can happen if there is alot to delete. Go grab a bite to eat or something while it goes!

Another route would be going to properties on your C: drive and doing a disk clean up, temporary internet files are included in there.

thedome

Hi-It's not saving the jpg"s to my temporary internet, it's saving them to my C drive, any help appreciated-Tks

thedome

the jpg"s say their in my temporary internet folder on c, but when I go to tools and clear the temp folder they won't go away

thedome

Thanks but the problem "fixed" itself, the last time I deleted my temp folder I didn't get a freeze and the folder emptied, why it worked now and not before I don't know.

Its a good idea to regularly clear out cookies and temp files .. and make sure your cache is set to about 60 mb
tools internet options temp internet files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online