JPG Properties - Picture Date Deleted

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

davkell

Hope someone can help on this one as it has me completely at a loss, and pretty peed off!!!

ALL my JPG files, every photo on my hard-drive including 7years of birth to 7 year old have lost the Camera Information from the Properties file of every photo. In other words, no record of when the photo was taken. There are thousands of photos, so I did have them sorted by date for easy viewing, and I really don't want to manually re-enter the Photo Taken Date field!!!!

Any ideas?

Only recent changes to my computer and the installation of Trend Micro Internet Security and I've used Ccleaner to clean out rubbish.

Thanks in advance.

In Windows Explorer or My Computer, View > “Choose Details”. Make sure “Date Created” is checked. Then View > Details to see if the dates are there.

If they aren’t the only thing I might suggest is to deactivate your security software to make sure it isn’t somehow interfering. I doubt that it would but you might as well try everything.

I’ve very much limited CCleaner’s scope in the few times I’ve used it, but a friend on suggestion from another friend ran it with everything checked and it didn’t interfere with his photo dates. I doubt that is what caused the problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online