1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

JS/[email protected] and disk is write-protected error

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by hiram33, Mar 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hiram33

hiram33 Thread Starter

My McAfee virusscan detected the JS/[email protected] virus. I'm unable to do anything with it (delete, clean, quarantine). I get disk is write-protected error. I try to browse to the directory it's in and I can't see it. I've changed folder settings to show hidden and system files. I'm running XP and still can't see the folder it shows up in. I've run viruscan in normal and safe mode. Still can't do anything with it. I've included my Hijackthis log.

Attached Files:

2. Flrman1

Flrman1

You are using an old version of Hijack This. You are also running HJT from your Temporary Internet Files folder. It will not function properly from there and it cannot create and restore backups from there. You need to create a new folder in My Documents and name it Hijack This. Now Click here to download Hijack This again. Download it and click "Save". Save it to the Hijack This folder you just created. That way it can create and restore backups if needed. HJT will store the backups in the same location that it is run from.

Click on Hijackthis.exe to launch the program. Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log. Click "Save" to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.

Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" then Paste the log back here in a reply.

DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/342643

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice