1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

js_play.a

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by $teve, Dec 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. $teve

$teve Thread Starter

hi guys,wonder if you could loan me any info on.
    js_play.a
    a friend of mine got infected by it,im off to work right now and could do with as mich info as pos.
    thanx in advance.

2. Rikku

Rikku

strange, there's no record at Symantec or McAffee of any virus named:
    js_play
    js play
    js.play

3. $teve

$teve Thread Starter

thanx rikku........thats what i found in the 10 minutes free time i had before work this morning,thats why i put the job on you guys shoulders:p
    a friend of mine phoned me to say she couldnt get into windows(2k) so i went over and had a look.everytime, windows re-started before full boot and came up with loads of errors,managed to get into safe mode and disable a few things and eventually got it to boot up,did the online scan at housecall,thats what it found js_play a trojan,its not listed in the cleaner d/b either.
    but it got past norton and zonealarm and turned off true vector,which renders z/a usless,and i couldnt re-configure it .....also wouldnt let me update norton and auto protect is gone in norton also.
    im gonna go and have a wrestle with it tonight,ill let you know how i do.
    thanx again:)

4. $teve

$teve Thread Starter

btw.......housecall deleted it but like the dirty dog,it seems it left some of its droppings behind.

5. Rikku

Rikku

yeah:confused: let me know what happens. Maybe its a new virus. You should report it maybe to Symantec?

Its strange that Norton wouldn't detect it but Housecall would!

Score one for Housecall!

:)

6. HKEd

HKEd

7. $teve

$teve Thread Starter

been away for a few days.............but thanx for all your help and info.....very strange one indeed....but another one bites the dust.
    bring on the indians:p

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61705

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice