1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

juchecker.exe in wrong folder Malware?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by cessansmom, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cessansmom

cessansmom Thread Starter

[​IMG] juchecker.exe in wrong folder Malware?

This Juchecker.exe Sunware popup is popping up all the time. This has never happened before. In a search I found that if I find a file here
    C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\jucheck.exe it is to be removed. My file that is there says Sun and inside a folder that says Java inside that I see nothing about the jucheck.exe

That same site said if I find this C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\jucheck.exe
    that is the one that should be there, and I do find that.

I have tried all of the [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]removal [COLOR=blue !important]programs[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] suggested and they all say browse and I browse to the local temp folder and click on the Sun folder but it just opens more and more folders but never goes into the browser so I can use the program.
    I am not always the sharpest crayon in the box when it comes to pc's but I can't figure out why if I browse to it and click open (the only option) it doesn't go into that browser. I went to [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Virus[/COLOR][/COLOR] Total - Jotti and Viriscan and none of those browsers will take the file. I am feeling really stupid right now.
    I downloaded malwarebyte's file ASSASSIN but that is the same. Is this because in the temp folder I am not seeing an exe file?

When this pop up shows up do I click ok and just ignore the Sun/Java file in the Local temp file?
    I can't get a new pc from a crash and I am afraid to check yes. In a search half of them say they got [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]trojans[/COLOR][/COLOR] when they clicked ok and half say it is fine.
    I so appreciate help with this. Thank you!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088539

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice