Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Juggling Network Printers via Group Policy

908 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  staticbyte 
#1 ·
Hello!

I'm creating a new AD structure and weeding out a lot of legacy group policy stuff since we've moved to the Windows 10 platform.

The organisation I work for has a main HQ with 15 remote sites all connected over MPLS back to our corporate network where our servers are situated.

My new default domain policy maps to two network printer shares (user policy). This policy is applied top level to all users at all sites. Konica Colour and Konica Mono. We have these multi function printers dotted around the majority of our sites. "\\printerserver\konica_mono"

There are 4 sites which do not require the function to print to to these printers, i.e. they have there own smaller desktop printers.

I wish to create a script to remove Konica Colour and Konica Mono for the users on these sites. However, I do not to apply this removal script by user as they do tend to move about and will need access to these primary printers elsewhere. I want to apply the script by computer as these are static desktop workstations.

Secondly, I wish to then map the smaller desktop printers automatically.

My concern is the best way to achieve this without the first script trumping the latter - and i'm just after some advice/best practice.

Any recommendations for the type of script to use would also be a massive help.

Many thanks in advance.

Neil

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.