1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Jump menu in Dreamweaver

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by ashras99, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ashras99

ashras99 Thread Starter

I created a jump menu in the dreamweaver MX and links open in the main window but i want that every link open in the seperate window. Please tell me how to do it. Please find attached the jump menu file that was created by me.

Attached Files:

2. murray654

murray654

If you use Dreamweaver MX 2004 then press F1 for help then navigate to Contents > Adding contents to pages > Using javascript behaviours > Using behaviour actions that come with Dreamweaver > Jump Menu

I hope that helps!

3. ashras99

ashras99 Thread Starter

Hi murray for replying. I checked the help file and i have to tell you that there is no information out there for opening a link into new window. ( This will open a link into a frames, if frames in a webpage otherwise no opening a link as a "_blank".

4. murray654

murray654

You need the Jump Menu Magic extension... http://www.projectseven.com/go/jumpmenu

this is a dreamweaver extension that will let you create jump menus (and open links from there into a new window).

Use the dreamweaver menu > commands > manage extensions to install the extension after you download it from the URL above. Then you will find the Jump Menu Magic on the Insert > Studio VII menu

When I tried it it did not work properly... after inserting a jump menu the javascript defining the jumpmenu (that goes into the page header) was missing. I had to copy and paste from their tutorial (which is accessible from the Jump Magic extension)

Anyway, see attached testpage.txt -> rename to testpage.htm

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270148

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice