1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Jumper free settings?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by -Loay-, Jan 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Loay-

-Loay- Thread Starter

Hey, Ive upgraded my mother board to a P4S8X and i wish to overclock my 1.7 p4 CPU. When i enter BIOS to change the CPU frequency manualy, it tells me to set the Motherboard to jumper free setting? does that mean i should physically take the jumper cables of my motherboard, or is it a thing in bios? and does anyone know a good Overclocking guide? ive seen loads but none of them are THAT detalied, so please help.
    Thanks.
    Loay.

2. hw45

hw45

Jumper don't have any cables, they are only little pieces to short two pins. You find in your motherboards manual which jumper it is.
    Overclocker tips you can find here

3. ozinpho

ozinpho

Hi, you wish to overclock a 1.7MHz P4?!?. May I be so forward as to ask....What the heck for? You must excuse my flabbergastedness, I am from the era where days were spent trying to coax 629K of memory out of a 286 with 4Mb Ram and 20Mb HD. Why someone would wish smoke and sparks pouring out of evey orifice of a multi thousand dollar machine, seems somewhat baffling. :p

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114339

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice