Jumping from the 1st floor window

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sebago

You, my tech world out there, are my last resort. I couldn't quite find the exact forum for this problem, so I opted for Photography etc. since it involves same. :confused:
I was recently at my daughter's house in R.I. and attempted to fix her FTP program (CUTE 4.2) which is not uploading to Verizon (personal web site via DSL line). I tweaked a few settings after getting the isp number and got it to upload ONCE and once only. Then it reverted back to uploading only 43% (after log on, which works okay) and then I get the thinking hourglass forever.
I've thought and tried everything I can think of, but I'm not exactly the brightest bulb on the tree. When I get something in my craw, I can't let go, but I'm up against a solid wall.
Please help before I throw myself from the first floor window. :eek:

Don't jump out just yet! ;) I moved your post to "All Other Software" where it belongs. You can always download an evaluaion copy of WS FTP here:

http://www.ipswitch.com/_download/wsftphome.asp

Its a fully functional 30-day evaluation copy and see if the problem is with the software your daughter is using. There are free programs too, but I know WS FTP is reliable and one of the best FTP transfer programs, so try it and then if the software is the problem you can by FTP or search for some free FTP programs.

Also, you can call Verizon's tech support if its a problem on their end.

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
Start by jumping up and down on a bed to get some practice :)
How big is the file? (and hence 43%). There may be some size limit being applied somewhere.

Go ahead & jump; first floor should be safe enough but don't land on your head.

sebago

I just knew I could count on you! If all the world could work as these forums do, we'd all be better off. MANY thanks for the suggestions.
I did the uninstall and reinstall thing, and the file size is not an issue. The idea of downloading a shareware or freebie (FTP) program is a good suggestion, and that will be my next step. I use the old version of Cute 3.0 and have never had a problem.
My daughter reports that tech support from Globalscape is excellent while Verizon leaves MUCH to be desired. :mad:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online