1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

jumpy Chrome Videos...

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by larryh10000, Apr 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. larryh10000

larryh10000 Thread Starter

Running Windows 7 pro OS.

Running both Google Chrome and IE 11 browsers.

Using the Bing search engine and opening home page on both browsers.

Problem:
    Often times, Bing's home page has a video instead of just a beautiful image. For example: today, the home page is a video of 4 kittens in a basket. The kittens are are moving their heads a little bit. When I view this using IE, the video runs nice a smooth. When I view the page using Chrome the kittens heads are jittery, kind of like the movie is running in fast motion.

Any ideas that I may look for to help fix this problem? Other than this problem, I much prefer to use Chrome but this is pretty annoying.

Thanks

2. valis

valis Moderator

only thing I can thing of is chrome is a known resource hog. If it runs great in IE but not Chrome, try FF. Works there you got your answer.

3. renegade600

renegade600

go into chrome settings, click on advance settings and scrol down to system. whatever your setting is for the hardware acceleration, try the other.

also, if you have a bunch of addons and toolbars installed, disable them to see if one of them is causing the problem. If it helps, turn them back on one at a time to find the problem one.

4. larryh10000

larryh10000 Thread Starter

Did turn them all off (had 6 of them) but still jumpy. Not the end-of-the-world problem, but annoying. Thanks for your suggestion! Any other ideas would be appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145835

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice