1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Jumpy pointer and sync problems!

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Rabbit80, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabbit80

Rabbit80 Thread Starter

I use my computer for TV viewing rather than having a seperate TV card. The problem is that it loses syncronisation with the audio every so often.

I am currently using WinDVR as my viewer, My Nvidia 7950GT for capture (TiVO), and at the moment I have the audio from my digital box sent straight to my 5.1 surround system as my PC does not seem to decode Pro Logic signals and output to AC3.

I have not seeked help with WinDVR since the problem is not just limited to that software, the same thing happens when watching AVI within Media Player for example (In which case, the sound output is coming from my PC)

The only clue I can find is that the mouse pointer appears to jump every so often. The mouse is not even switched on when this happens. This is not a Mainboard or BIOS issue since it did it before I got this board. It also cannot be an issue with my Graphics card as my old one did it as well...

Filemon shows nothing out of the ordinary when this occurs, Neither does Regmon. There is nothing in system logs! I have tested for spyware using Ad-Aware, Spybot and Windows Defender... Everything looks clean and I should also be clean from viruses...

If anyone can help?

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!