1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Just a quick but crucial question about wireless connections and wireless routers...

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Empire2500, Aug 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Empire2500

Empire2500 Thread Starter

This is my firt post in the "Networking" section:D

Lets say i have a PC and another Hp pavilion portable.And lets say that had a Dell router with me with a DSL and USB cable included.If i Connected the router to my Pc and everything was working fine,would my portable (if i looked) automaticaly detect the wireless router on my PC or would i have to take specific measures to fix it all?

If theres measures to be taken..would someone inform me and please provide a (if possible) walkthorugh through all this?

Thanks for helping!

2. gwendes

gwendes

I' ve never used a DELL router.
    Normally you would connect a wireless router to your PC with an ethernet connection and the wireless would connect (once enabled) to any compuiters in range. The way this is setup depends on the specific products being used.
    Do you actually have these products?

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I guess a make/model of the Dell router would be useful. I presume this is a wireless router, right? If the wireless section has been enabled, you should be able to see it from the wireless laptop.

4. Empire2500

Empire2500 Thread Starter

O lol sorry its an EFFICIENT NETWORKS routr...ive never seen it b4.

Well i was saying if i connected with a USB wire from the router to my PC then i connected a DSL line from my router to the telephone outlet on the wall...

Theres also a big problem...there are no ethernet ports on the PC ...

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Make/model of the wireless router. :)

Is the router a wireless router?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!