1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Just a quick check of results...

Discussion in 'Games' started by the_man550, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. the_man550

the_man550 Thread Starter

Helloudidoudeli (<-had to come up with something new)

I've heard that people who are testing their computer with the Counter Strike Source performance check (weird) and some of them has got more then 500fps, while maxxed out (according to them)

These are my speccs:
    Intel Q6600 2.4ghz
    Geforce 8800gtx OC (pre-Oc'd, 626/1350/2000)
    4gb RAM (I play CSS with my 32-bit OS (xp) so I can only use about 2.75) 800mhz, 5-5-5-18
    Seagate 7200.11 1TB harddrive (32mb cache, 7200rpm)
    an extremely nice PSU (1000W) and on top of everything (bellow actually)is the EVGA780 i MoBo

The results comes out between 190-200fps with everything maxed out, 16xQAA, 1680x1050

If you'd ask me, those results are quite awesome =)
    But apparently people are getting better, and if you can confirm that it would be great.

I have the logitech G15 and Logitech G5 mouse btw, if there are any known bugs with those.

So, the question is really:
    Is 190-200fps @ the CSS benchmark good with my setup?

Everything runs cool:
    CPU: 35-40
    GPU: 45-58
    system about 25-30

EDIT: Sry for all my misspellings, I'm in quite a hurry :S
    Oups, I forgot: I appreciate all the help I can get =)

2. tacoman359

tacoman359

It completely depends on what map your on and what area of the map your facing. If the map is extremely small and contains no textures then I'm sure you'd probably be getting 1000 fps. I have an 8800GT factory OC and I get about 280 fps on de_dust2, I think at the terrorist spawn.

3. the_man550

yeah, I know that, but I'm talking about the benchmark =)

Thx

Keep it coming...

4. tacoman359

tacoman359

Give me a link to the program. If there's no installation required, I'll see what I'm getting with 4GB RAM (32-bit), 2.4GHZ Quad Core, an 8800GT, and a WD5000AAKS hard drive.

5. the_man550

when you launch CSS and look at the menu, there should be a "button" saying "graphicstest" or something like that, thanks for helping me out.

6. McTimson

McTimson

Benchmark scores are often heavily influenced by drivers, specifically, video drivers. There are many drivers available that are specifically 'tweaked' to provide optimum performance in specific applications, while other games will run slower because of them.

For a comparison, I got about 150FPS with my system.
    Core2Duo @ 3.2Ghz
    4GB RAM
    Radeon x1900XTX

I don't even know what drivers I'm running, I don't play new enough games to keep them up to date.

I would say that your score is fine for your system. Newer video cards will almost always perform better, so they may have a GeForce 9x series card, or a Radeon 2x or 3x card. Video cards are usually the deciding factor in video games.

7. the_man550

Well, my gfx card is actually 1% better then the 9800gtx according to 3dmark and so on, so I should get more,

Most of the posts were at least a couple of months old so they couldn't even have had a 9x serie card by then :p

Thanks for the intrest though...

8. tacoman359

tacoman359

I'm on Vista and have 70 processes running. My resolution is 1680 X 1050 and aspect ratio 16:10. Model, texture, shader, water, and shadow detail are all maxed. Color correction is enabled, antialiasing mode is none (what is antialiasing?), filtering mode is trilinear, wait for vertical sync is disabled, and high dynamic range is full. I got 227.98 fps. My computer specs are in an earlier post.

9. the_man550

Antialiasing (very often abbreviated "AA") is a utility that makes edges look more round.

I tried at lowest settings and 720x600 or something, and gained 4fps from highest @ 1680x1050...

Ehm, well, I don't get better results then you do, but I should.

I tried with your settings, and my result was 204fps

@the Tspawn @ de_dust2 the highest I can get is about 150, so if you got 250, something is fishy over here.

If anyone have anything more that can help me, please tell me.

Thx for all ur help mr taco.

EDIT: I just remembered that I'll be gone for the weekend, so this is the last evening I can answer anything.
    You can write during the time I'm gone as well of course, but just so that you know, I haven't abandoned it.

10. tacoman359

tacoman359

It really doesn't matter. It's basically impossible to notice anything over about 120 fps (my guess) and it's not like we're on the same computer. We have different programs running and different hardware, although your hardware is overall better than mine.

11. the_man550

It's basically impossible to notice anything over 60fps as that's your eyes update speed and therefore they don't make screens any faster then that.

I'll wait till my real RAM comes (the ones I have right know are quite a lot worse then the ones I really ordered, so I'm changing these) and if the problem remains, then I'll bump the thread.

All my parts have 5.9 pointsta experience (or whatever the name is) appart from the RAM which is @ 5.2

Thx yet again

Remember that I still want you (with "you" I don't refer to tacoman, I refer to everyone) to tell me what you know if you know something.

12. tacoman359

tacoman359

lol, that's almost exactly the same as mine, but my hard drive is 5.8.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704052

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice