1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Just a Thought

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Tuppence2, Jan 19, 2003.

Unmark Solved
Advertisement
  1. Tuppence2

Tuppence2 Guest Thread Starter

Just a thought - compliments of RefDesk's "Thought of the Day".

Thought of the Day:

"No man, for any considerable period, can wear one face to himself, and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which may be true.

2. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

How true that is! Take care. angel :)

3. Tuppence2

4. joe2cool

joe2cool

Should read no man or woman ;)

:cool:

5. Tuppence2

Hello J2C

Yes, you are correct for our day and time.

It was written in the days when "woman" was implicit in the terms Man - as in all Mankind.

But you knew that, didn't you :D

6. eggplant43

eggplant43 A True Heart and Soul - Gone But Never Forgotten

Or if you want to be really PC, it would read No "person";)

7. Tuppence2

Do you find this political correctness a nonsense at times? I do.

:)

8. eggplant43

Sure I do, that's why I brought it up:) But I also think it can be quite useful. If someone can become more aware, more connected, more fair by being more aware, and therefore, IMO a better, more balanced person, then I'm all for it, One of the best times I've had was reading "Politically Correct Fairy Tales" with friends. We had a lot of great laughs.

9. Tuppence2

They sound good. Will have to read some. Perhaps you could post some here for our delectation:)

10. eggplant43

Here's a little taste :)

Editorial Reviews
    Amazon.com
    James Finn Garner has taken 12 time-tested tales and retold them with the newfound sensitivity of our times. Here's a snippet from "Little Red Riding Hood":

The wolf said, "You know, my dear, it isn't safe for a little girl to walk through these woods alone."

Red Riding Hood said, "I find your sexist remark offensive in the extreme, but I will ignore it because of your traditional status as an outcast from society, the stress of which has caused you to develop your own, entirely valid, worldview. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must be on my way."

Leap into a fairy-tale world where trolls are "dirt-accomplished and odor-enhanced," witches are "kindness-impaired," and Cinderella wears a gown "woven of silk stolen from unsuspecting silkworms." We can only regret that Garner had to exclude "The Duckling That Was Judged on Its Personal Merits and Not on Its Physical Appearance" for space reasons.

11. Tuppence2

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114088

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice