Just an idea

Dark Star

I guess Mike would have to decide on this.......

At the top of the Main page we have .........well what we have, but the first listing is:

Announcements
Special announcements related to this site.
16 16 08-30-2001 06:53 PM
by TechGuy

Well that was a cut and paste but you all know what I am talking about.

How about considering moving this to the lower portion of the page under the last section "Site Comments & Suggestions"

Here is my thinking....... there is a total of 16 entries there and although I would always look to see any new things that Mike would put there......It also gets the least traffic.

While the whole thins is only like an inch or so in height, it does make for that much less viewable area at the bottom of the main as long as it is there. Simply put it is taking up prime valuable space at the top and it need not.

Having said that I hope Mike doesn't say "Just get a bigger monitor" I really hope he will consider it.

Also some of you may know about the handy dandy (F11 key that I rerer to as my F11 instant monitor upgrade.....try it now) Pretty cool huh?

Your thoughts Mike......anyone?

DS

Lisa
F11 is suppose to go to full screen removing all but the title bar at top.
I am running IE 5.5Sp2.
Dave

Dave
mine doesn't do anything, do you suppose it's because I am running Netscape 6.1?

Ok I just tried it with IE5.5 and it works, I wonder why not with Netscape is it because IE is from Microsoft?

BTW I like your new avatar :)

Lisa
Functions keys can be programmed to do different things. The designer creates the function connection. Netscape apparently did not incorporate the full screen unless they are using another
Key.
Dave

Ahh ok. Well thats a shame because now I've seen it I like it but I rarely use IE. But thanks fo the info :)

I also just noticed in IE that if you hit she spacebar then the page scrolls down. Maybe I should switch back to IE.

Thaks Dave, i'll print that out. I only knew a few of those before. Very handy:)

Dark Star

LadyLisa,

now that you know 'yours' is not broken, you might just want to leave that Netscape 6.1 guy behind and give IE a chance, what the heck 'ya gotta live a little.......
That F11 instant big screen is :cool: huh?

So what do you say Mike? .....are you thinking 'bout moving that down, so everything else moves up?

DS

Dark Star

yes the F11 is pretty cool. And now I'm learning all the other shortcuts on IE I think I might just leave the Netscape guy behind. I'm getting to like IE more and more ;)

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
I have no problem with the idea of moving the Announcements... I'll try to get around to that soon.

Well, here's something Netscape can do:

US Naval Observatory Master Atomic Clock Time
http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/what1.html

"These GIF animations use server push to send
the time out in synchronization with the USNO
Master Clock. They require a web browser that
fully implements this technique."

When I try this with IE4, it informs me that I need
Netscape...

Cheers, Mac :)

Dark Star

Mike,

Thanx a lot, I'm glad you are okay with the idea. I know it's not as if you don't have enough to do already as it is. Just know that we appreciate it.

Mac,

I agree with you, and just like people......... Netscape has this and IE has that (it is nice to have the choices) so it is up to the end user and their particular needs and desires.

The only difference I see is that Netscape will not get mad at you if and when you decide to take up with IE and you can always go back to Netscape whenever you like.
This back and forth thingy does not work out too well where people are concerned 'cause feelings get in the way. :rolleyes:

:eek: :) :mad: ;) :confused: :( :eek: :)

DS

Hi DS,

You said:

Netscape will not get mad at you if and when you decide to take up with IE

That's why I run em' both... :)

Cheers, Mac

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online