Just curious

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
E

Endemix

Can anyone suggest a good hard drive for me. I mean, ya I could search around, but this is sooo much easier. Also, no more then $200 would be good.

7200 RPM
at least 2 Megs of on disk Cache (AKA Buffer).
Seagate, Western Digital, IBM, Maxtor, Quantum are good
Avoid Fujitsu and Samsung
80-Gig drives can be had for about $100 with shipping.
www.pricewatch.com
be sure you are getting a manufacturer's warranty
avoid house or reseller warranties.

E

Endemix

Thanks. Before you posted I was thinking of going with Western Digital. I guess I'll go place my order now...

try to get a WD xxxxJB, the reviews say its almost as fast as SCSI in some applications. JB stands for "jumbo buffer" according to maximum pc.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online