1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Just curious

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by gijew, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gijew

gijew Thread Starter

A friend bought some DVD-Rs ... problem is she needed CD-Rs. Is it possible to burn MP3s on a DVD-R or only movies ... thanks!

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    you can burn MP3s as a data disc, as long as the device she will be using to play it supports DVDs and MP3s.

3. finwood

finwood

A DVR would hold a whole lot of music, but you can do it. A CD will hold about 40 songs in mp3 format.

4. Moby

Moby

You can burn what you like to a DVD.
    A CD will hold 150-200 mp3's depending on the songs length and/or the mp3's bitrate.

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

DVD-R disks can't be burned as music disks that play in regular CD players. They can hold MP3 files as data, but you can't use them to burn audio disks.

This assumes she has a DVD burner.

6. Dan Mc

Dan Mc

OK....so...I could burn a CDR with MP3 files on my desktop machine (still using 98SE) and copy those files from that CD to my laptop (with XP and have Roxio EZ CD Creator on it) and use Roxio on the laptop to byrn a DVDR with all the Mp3 files on t as a back up?

If so, would my desktop CDROM be able to read the DVDR disk?

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

A CD-ROM drive cannot read DVDs.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542452

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice