Just curious

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gijew

A friend bought some DVD-Rs ... problem is she needed CD-Rs. Is it possible to burn MP3s on a DVD-R or only movies ... thanks!

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
you can burn MP3s as a data disc, as long as the device she will be using to play it supports DVDs and MP3s.

A DVR would hold a whole lot of music, but you can do it. A CD will hold about 40 songs in mp3 format.

You can burn what you like to a DVD.
A CD will hold about 40 songs in mp3 format
A CD will hold 150-200 mp3's depending on the songs length and/or the mp3's bitrate.

DoubleHelix

Banned
DVD-R disks can't be burned as music disks that play in regular CD players. They can hold MP3 files as data, but you can't use them to burn audio disks.

This assumes she has a DVD burner.

OK....so...I could burn a CDR with MP3 files on my desktop machine (still using 98SE) and copy those files from that CD to my laptop (with XP and have Roxio EZ CD Creator on it) and use Roxio on the laptop to byrn a DVDR with all the Mp3 files on t as a back up?

If so, would my desktop CDROM be able to read the DVDR disk?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online