Just formatted... no drivers... eek

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LRH

i had all my discs together, well, so i thought, but now i dont know where my sound drivers etc are... how do i go about finding the correct ones from the internet?

is it a dell? go to the manufactures website, it should have all the drivers you need by model number. otherwise an integrated mainboard will have the drivers on the motherboard website by that model number that is stamped on the board. if neither of those apply, go to the hardwares website and find the driver. hopefully the NIC installed by itself, or you'll have to get that driver first from another pc, then burn it to a disc or copy to a thumb drive.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
It would really help if you specified in detail what machine we're dealing with here. Make/model of either the machine or the motherboard. Also, what version of Windows you're installing.

LRH

its not really any make i dont think, i bought it from a small computer shop and i think they built it to my specs... so im not sure =\ sorry i cant be of any more help...

i guess im just going to have to hunt high and low for the cds?

and im using windows xp professional

you can look for the model numbers on the boards. after that just google them to find the drivers. sometimes, for older hardware, it's easier to find the cd's.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online