1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Just got RR with Earthlink, Crashes a lot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by oak, Feb 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. oak

oak Thread Starter

I have a home built computer, Asus A7v333 MB, 1 gig of mem, AMD XP2100, Ti4600 graphics, creative audigy gamer sound.
    two 40 gig raid maxtor 7200 HDs. i have had RR for 3 days and i have had about 16 blue screen crashes, in the middle of different projects or gameing. i did not have this problem when i had dial up.( it just says to check driver or the last thing that i download.)

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. The error messages would be very helpful.

3. oak

oak Thread Starter

It just tells me to check device drivers but cannot tell me witch one i have updated i think all of my drivers for win XP. at present i am checking microsoft knowlege base on how to troubleshoot hardware and so on problems in windows xp

4. TOGG

TOGG

oak,

Have you by any chance installed AdAware 6 recently?.

According to the Lavasoft forum some people with Earthlink had problems with the first Build, 158, so they issued a new version to correct it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117564

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice